Membership in the Bow River Basin Council is inclusive, participatory, and active. It is open to any interested individual or organization. Membership is categorized as follows:
- Individual Public Members
- Municipal Government
- Regulatory/Administrative/First Nations
There is no membership fee although a voluntary contribution is very much appreciated.
- Current members enjoy the opportunity to be involved in the operations of the Council. They are actively recruited and encouraged to participate in specific Council projects.
- Members are kept informed about water issues within the basin through general meetings held quarterly. Experts are invited to speak at these meetings on current issues. Opportunities for discussion are available after each presentation.
- Members elect the Board of Directors. Any member may seek election to the Board of Directors within his or her membership sector.
- Members receive a newsletter issued quarterly and one complementary copy of each new Council publication.
- Members' web sites are linked to the Council's.
The Council has an obligation to conduct its business in an effective and efficient manner. This cannot be done in the absence of member participation. Therefore members are expected tol take an active role in Council operations (e.g. project support, communications, fundraising, administration).
Becoming a Member
If you would like to become a member of the Bow River Basin Council, please complete our Online mebership form, or download and fill out the following pdf Membership Form (39.08 kB) (39 KB) and fax it to (403) 268.6906 or mail it to:
Bow River Basin Council
To join the BRBC, you can also send us an email to Medini.Prasai@calgary.ca